King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"King and the Clown" Trailer MV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> Movie Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: "King and the Clown" Trailer MV Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has any comment to the MV (Music Video) for "King and the Clown" Trailer.

To me, it was beautifully made and very touching.

From what I can gather from the comments made at baidu chinese discussion board on K&C, this was one of the reason people become hooked to not only interested in the movie.

Curious if it has the same kind of mesmerising effect on western audiences...would someone be interested enough in the MV to want to catch a Foreign Language Film at the cinema????

Last edited by nslan on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the fancy-dancy version of the DVD, so I'm sure I have the music video somewhere. But I haven't even tried to find it (actually, I haven't tried looking on the discs for much more than the movie and a few of the extras - after I read descriptions about their contents).

That might be an example of the difference between the Western and the Asian marketing / presentation of the movie.

It's really hard - at least in the US - to sell a foreign-language song. My guesses are that if there's a trailer, it will be redone for Western audiences, and that there probably won't be a music video. I know that the singer is famous, and the song very popular in Asia; but unfortunately the impact of the song will be lost here outside of some very specific communities.

So, to answer: I doubt very many people in the West will see the music video to form an opinion either way. I'm now curious to see it, but it will have to wait until I've finished moving next week. %^}

It would be interesting to learn how people found out about the movie, though. For me, it was a New York Times article last March about the popularity of the film.
nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the Music Video is actually available on the fansite at the location below under Video Clip/OST:-
http://www.wang-ui-namja.com/other_resources.htm

The Lyrics in Korean, Chinese Translation & English Translation are also available. The Chinese Translation is quite well written. There is a few chinese official song versions but I think the net version that is floating around cyberspace is better. Laughing Laughing The English Translation could be improved with the input by a good songwriter.

Lady Wakasa - Do let me know once you have viewed it. I do think the music video is really touching enough to convey the essence of the story even it is in a foreign language. It could well be a good idea to float it around cyberspace to attract interest to the movie. May be you can pass it around to a few friends to see if it gets them interested. It will be a pity...a real pity if it is not used as a marketing tool.

----
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> Movie Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: