King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How old are Jang-saeng and Gong-gil???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> Movie Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard
Clown

1652 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: How old are Jang-saeng and Gong-gil??? Reply with quote

I've never been much of anything when it comes to guessing the age of people...so can any one enlighten me as to how old the above 2 characters in K&C?

I know that Gong-gil is not old enough to be considered as an adult...or else Jang-seang wouldn't address him as a boy.

I did read somewhere that Jang-saeng is supposed to be around 25 and Gong-gil is about 17 but nothing mentioned in anything official.

Off-hand, I know that the actors, Lee Joon-ki and Gam Woo-sung, are 24 and 36 respectively...but don't think they are acting their age in the movie...hehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing

-------
teether
Clown

95 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't realize they were supposed to be that young. The movie does not offer any info on the characters' age. Where did you hear it from?

Being the "lowly creatures" at the bottom of the society that they (clowns) are, I doubt they would know their exact birthdays. If the characters were real, that is.
dunnbother
Clown

1077 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the clowns first performed in front of the king, jang saeng said "june 1st, 1504"..

and i understand the ministers revolted on sept 2nd, 1506.

so does that mean jang saeng and gong gil had been staying in the palace for more than 2 years?

anyone has any idea?
Alucard
Clown

1652 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dunnbother,

Yep...accordingly to the dates, the story of K&C takes place within a 2 years timeframe.

Hi Teether,

I got the information from the many stories written by fans so not sure if they are "accurate".

However, if you remember, when Jang-saeng returns to the palace after he was released by Cheo-seon, he said "blah blah blah... Rolling Eyes virgins...blah blah blah... Rolling Eyes that the king wasted no time to mount a young boy". Therefore, my guess is that Gong-gil is no older than 18, may be even 15-16. Afterall, in the olden days, people do get married very young and you wouldn't be called a young boy if you are of marriage age. (oh...how it pains my heart to see such things happening to children/adolescene)

For Jang-saeng, I doubt he is that much older than Gong-gil, no more than 10 years. He should definitely be younger than Yeon-san, who is around 30 when he died. He lived from 1476 to 1506.

---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> Movie Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: