King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

See Lee Jun Ki at HIFF's New Rising Star Award Ceremony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> ShareSpace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majou
Palace Guard

650 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: See Lee Jun Ki at HIFF's New Rising Star Award Ceremony Reply with quote

Aloha all Junki Fans,

HIFF confirmed that Junki has accepted their invitation to go to Hawaii to receive his Rising Star Award in October.

".......The award will be presented at 'An Evening with Lee Jun-ki' on Friday, October 19 at 7 p.m. at Hawaii Theater, and will also feature the US premiere of one of his new movie...."

http://www.hiff.org/CelebrityUpdatesatHIFF2007.php

JTB package offers the tickets to the Award Ceremony and the Movie Premiere and/or other JTB Exclusive Private Junki Events. http://www.jtb.co.jp/entertainment/tour/event/hiff.pdf

These exclusive events are only available for the guests of the JTB Tours. No other fan evants will be offered through HIFF.

However, HIFF has agreed to make arrangement for our website to do advance ticket purchase for the Award Ceremony and the Movie Premiere for his local fans.

Myself and few other US fans are planning to go to Hawaii to celebrate this event. If anyone is interested to join us to cheer for Junki at the Award Ceremony, please let us know.

Please leave a message here , or send a personal email to me at:

majou@wang-ui-namja.com

Thank you.
SungminSaranghae
Clown

30 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Alohaa! Reply with quote

Ohhh u guys r flying to hawaii?! well e komou mai! so did they open the ticket booth for this website cause i live in hawaii and i feel so dissed that there are no avalible tickets for me and my friends ):well if ur willing to i'll be glad to meet u guys (:
nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Majou is not around to share the events @HIFF...I have managed to find the following report on Lee Jun-ki at the HIFF.

Original Link : http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/23/features/story01.html

More than just a pretty face
Model-turned-actor Lee Jun-ki looks for diverse roles that test his limits
By Gary C.W. Chun
gchun@starbulletin.com

Korean star Lee Jun-ki is appreciative of his female fans. He said that directly to one lucky fan club member who was able to finagle her way into last Thursday's press conference at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel for the Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival.

That fan might have been the only one to get any face time with the megapopular actor, thanks to the bodyguards his manager hired for his brief stay. When he arrived Wednesday, some witnesses said, women were upset, even crying, when he was whisked away without so much as a meet-and-greet.

Such is the public life of an Asian celebrity. Lee was in town as a guest of the festival -- recipient of the inaugural Rising Star Award. Two of his films were shown at the film festival: "May 18," a Halekulani Golden Orchid nominee, and "Fly Daddy Fly."

Both these films allowed Lee, a 25-year-old former model, to prove he is more than just a pretty face, and he says he hopes to take on more such diverse roles and to become a legitimate actor.

Speaking through a translator, Lee said playing an androgynous street performer in the 2005 Korean box-office hit "The King and the Clown" was "the first role that brought me fame and happiness as an actor."

COURTESY HIFF
Fans wait for a glimpse.

He attributes its international success to appealing to "people's desire for individual freedom. ... It's part of basic humanism. Anyone could understand the gestures that the clown was conveying."
THAT BREAKOUT role lead to television work, with Lee starring in the '06 drama "My Girl" and this year's police drama "Time of the Dog and Wolf," in which he plays an undercover agent with amnesia who thinks he's actually part of the criminal gang he's infiltrated. (Jeff Chang, president of Korean-language station KBFD and a HIFF board member, said that because of the popularity of "My Girl," he is in the process of securing rights to show "Time" locally.)

Lee said he considered "Time" to be "a Korean version of (film) noir, made to also bring in a male audience." At the same time, the film "May 18" gave Lee a double dip of success, doing well at the box office in his homeland. With Lee part of an all-star cast, the film tells the story of everyday people in the southern city of Kwangju caught up in a democracy movement that would be brutally suppressed by the military regime of Chun Doo Hwan on that fateful date in 1980.

In "Fly Daddy Fly," Lee was able to show off his martial arts skills as a student who tries to help avenge a brutal attack on a young woman. "It was more of a family-oriented film," he said, "in the sense that it was more about relationships, and my character was more complicated, more in depth."

Lee said he has wanted to act since he saw a stage production of "Hamlet" as a middle-schooler. "The bigger the dream, the better," he said. "This is my life's vocation, and I will do it until the day I die."
majou
Palace Guard

650 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That one lucky fan is me.

But, I think "finagle" is the not the right word to explain my sudden appearance at the HIFF Press Conference.

It was by chance. I happened to be staying at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel for this trip. That morning, my friends and I went to the concierge office to book for our Luau that night. Then, we saw Lee Jun Ki through the concierge window. Apparently, HIFF is a press conference right in the garden of Royal Hawaiian Hotel. And Lee Jun Ki is sitting right in the middle amidst other big stars such as Joan Chen and others.

Of course, as a fan, I was quite happy and excited. So, I immediately called all the available members of our group to come to the press conference ASAP.

Then, I returned to our room to bring out a copy of our welcome poster/flyer for Junki's autograph. When I returned to the garden, I ran into our HIFF contact person. She invited me to attend the Press Conference to ask a question as his U.S. fan.

Although I was in my sloppy outfit of shorts and slippers (I was getting ready to go snorkeling, and not to be on TV). I have decided to accept her invitation to speak up.

I asked Junki about potential plan for US market. He answered with the fact that everyone has big dream and he is no exception. The bigger the dream the better. Then, he talked about continuing to learn other languages to prepare himself for the global market.

Afterwards, few members joined us immediately, and were interviewed by the various press to share our support for Lee Jun Ki.

I have some pictures and Video clips. I will try to post them up for sharing soon.

Thank you.
nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures from Majou on the events...

nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other pictures from Majou on the events...

nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More pictures...

nslan
Advisor

4091 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, one autographed poster from the man himself...

myangel012
Clown

29 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: NICE PICTURES!! Reply with quote

WOW!! I absolutely LOVE the pictures of him at the press conference!

And...when did he sign the poster?! I don't even remember that!!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> ShareSpace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: