King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7th NY Korean Film Festival 2007 - Report & Updates!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nslan
Advisor

4089 chohwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: 7th NY Korean Film Festival 2007 - Report & Updates!!! Reply with quote

Hi Folks!!!

The 7th Annual New York Korean Film Festival finally kicked off with a BIG BANG on the 21st August, 2007.

Our very own Lady Wakasa is also there, enjoying the partying and mingling and of course, not forgetting the most important thing on her tasklist... helping out on our KatC Activities during the event Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink .

We will also be sharing with you all the interesting and fun facts and gossips as they happen at the event and the "King and the Clown" showings. So, keep a watch-out on this forum.

Remember, folks, King and the Clown will be shown twice as part of the New York Korean Film Festival:
Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 7:00pm - Cinema Village (Manhattan)
Friday, August 31, 2007 at 9:30 PM - BAM Rose Cinemas (Brooklyn)

So, see you there!!! If you can't make it to the event, see you here in the forum!!! Very Happy Very Happy

-

Last edited by nslan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
nslan
Advisor

4089 chohwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First order of things...the program guide on the "King and the Clown" from the festival.

http://www.wang-ui-namja.com/_tmp/NYKFF_KatC_program.pdf

The pod-cast on the event from the organizer is also available at below link:-
http://www.koreanfilmfestival.org/content/view/176/1/

lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NY Korean Film Festival is an event set up to introduce US audiences to what's happening in Korean film. While each year there are retrospectives and sidebars, the festival primarily shows films that have been released in Korea in the recent past.

This year is no different than the others: featured are films such as Paradise Murdered, Tazza, Radio Star, 200 Pound Beauty, A Dirty Carnival, Bloody Ties, You are My Sunshine... and, of course, King and the Clown.

The event has been going extremely well. In an extremely gracious gesture, actor Lee Jun-ki donated an introductory clip welcoming audiences to the festival. (We will have a copy of that in the near future.) Most showings I've been to are at near capacity; the Saturday showing for King and the Clown was sold out. (Yay!!!) We sponsored a raffle beforehand, which included the mask frame set,

a DVD of King and the Clown, and a t-shirt from the King and the Clown fansite, which all went over well with the audience. (One woman came up afterwards and asked how to get a t-shirt. If you'd like one, send us an email at phpbboard_admin@wang-ui-namja.com.)

And the movie... it's always great to watch the audience reaction. People laughed, one woman in my row was crying at the end, and the film got a big round of applause.

A big success!!! I can hardly wait until next Friday's showing...
tj.h
Clown

67 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, i'm really glad things went really well!
i wanted to participate in the raffle thingy...
but i wasnt able to make it out there...

but i saw the film already anyways tho..
but cool, i hope there are extra t shirts left...

TJ
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's always tonight, too... with another raffle. Doll set to be given away. %^D

We'll definitely get back to you about the t-shirts, too.
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: NY Korean Film Festival Showing #2 Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay - there's been lots to tie up with the festivals.

And there are pictures, which will be posted in the near future.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Showing #2 was at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM). BAM originated in Brooklyn, NY as a concert hall for the Brooklyn Philharmonic (which no longer exists). The current location, the beautiful structure known as the Peter J. Sharp Building, dates from 1903 and stands in the Fort Greene neighborhood.

I have a cute when-I-was-three story about BAM, which I'll spare you, but I did make my stage debut at BAM (aka The Big Place). %^}

Although there are always first-run releases playing, the BAMcinématek at the BAM Rose Cinemas covers the film festivals and revivals that play at BAM. Keeping with that tradition, the King and the Clown showing was at BAMcinématek on Friday night of Labor Day Weekend. Despite the holiday, we still had around 85% capacity turnout for the movie.

This time around, Kwang-Woo Noh (master of ceremonies for the past few NYKFFs) asked for a show of hands of how many people had already seen the movie. Of about 130 people, only about five had. This was a really good sign - people are hearing about the movie and coming to check it out. Repeats visitors are more than welcome, but the movie is growing audiences with each new person that comes to see it.

This time around, the raffle was a KatC tshirt, a copy of the DVD, and a box set of the dolls (see my icon %^}). Being newbies, most of the audience didn't know much about the doll set, so it wasn't as popular as the t-shirt and the dvd. But by the end, I think that had changed.

We also handed out magnets at the door. Very, very popular; just about everyone took one.

And it was another wonderful audience, which reacted to the comedy and the tragedy on the screen. I'll never get tired of watching that. %^D

I've now seen King and the Clown nine times. Each time, I wonder if this is the time I'll finally get tired of watching it. And each time, the answer is - no. I don't know quite what it is, but there's just something indescribable there.

Now, if we could only get a commercial release...
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Kwang-Woo Noh has posted the unofficial results from the festival. King and the Clown is in the "popular" column. Yay!

(Unofficial) Results of New York Korean Film Festival 2007
Alucard
Clown

1646 chohwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the Festival went well and everybody liked the show!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures. Please post them soon!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: