King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About the Lee Jun-ki Video Clip...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: About the Lee Jun-ki Video Clip... Reply with quote

As some of you may know, I'm a big film buff. I got involved with King and the Clown because I was learning about Korean films and hallyu (which I still am). As part of being a film buff, I started going to film screenings at the Korea Society of New York. I spoke to Samuel Jamier at the Korea Society (who runs their film blog), and one thing led to another, and I ended up helping them out with the New York Korean Film Festival.

A number of weeks before the festival, in the course of a few other things, I came up with the idea of trying to get someone in the Korean film industry to do an introductory film clip for the festival - two minutes of "hi, thanks for coming, you're in for a treat." Given our activities with the King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite, we had some contacts with people involved with the film. Since our strongest contacts were with Lee Jun-ki, we decided to ask him if he would do the honors.

That started quite a whirlwind of activity! Working closely with the festival organizers, we put together a letter and proposed script, which had to be translated and sent to his office. (The core team at the website is very very spread out, so doing this wasn't a matter of just going to someone's house for an evening and hashing it out.) Lee Jun-ki was extremely busy filming his series The Time of Dogs and Wolves, and a number of events happened, but through it all he was very gracious and assured us he wanted to do this. We got the clip, we translated it, and it was shown at the beginning of the festival screenings.

I can't stress how fortunate we were and how grateful we are that he agreed to do this. He was extremely busy and refusing would not have been out of line. And the clip added a nice touch to the festival.

And, in addition, we've made quite a few contacts - and, more importantly, friends - at the Korea Society and in the world of Korean film in New York City. I'll very likely volunteer again next year.

So, without further ado,... here is the clip.

English Subtitles
Chinese Subtitles (Temporarily removed - check back on Wednesday)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: