King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King and the Clown 2 ??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> ShareSpace
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should there be a King & the Clown 2 ?
yes?yes?
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
?bs?lutely n??
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
well,... i don't know...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

月陰之?-影(shadow)
Clown

Location: a 1 metre sq spot on a small blue planet in a small galaxy somewhere in the vast stretch of space
170 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: King and the Clown 2 ?????? Reply with quote

not sure whether it's from the fan of 'King & the clown' or fan of the actors... seem that there are rumour of fans asking for king & the clown 2.

although i do not have insights on the movie like most of you guys here , i do enjoy the movie a lot. there is great story telling here, enjoyable characters, good plots and memorable scenes. Crying or Very sad

after surfing the net(s?rry guys, i'? ? very l?te c??er t? the scene), it seem that a lot of "extended" version or "next-life" version of the movies have surfaced in the cyber space.

personally, i think they should leave the original alone & NEVER made a sequel. whatever "extended" version or "next-life" version from the movies (if ever made) should be made separately and disassociate from the original..

Last edited by 月陰之?-影(shadow) on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to the boards! (I like your location description. %^})

You should have a third choice up there: "Not sure"...

I'm not violently against it, but I don't think that there's much to base a sequel on. The movie pretty much said everything in that story and adding more would be just for money's sake.

There are things I might tweak in the original. I wish they'd released the "international" version theatrically, the ten minutes extra are pretty telling...

Sequel = most likely bad, bad idea.

Where have you seen these extended versions? Now I'm curious.
月陰之?-影(shadow)
Clown

Location: a 1 metre sq spot on a small blue planet in a small galaxy somewhere in the vast stretch of space
170 chohwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: king & the clown 2???? (poll) Reply with quote

Hi! thanks for yr comments Very Happy

I did make a third option for the poll but it never came out...i am quite new to all this internet thing,so i guess maybe along the way, i must have press something.... and.... Confused . is there anything that can be done to add the third option now? i try going in to edit but nothing seem to be happening.

as to the sequel... my sentiments exactly! if they do it,it will be mostly for money sake.... and along the way it will take (what the word??) "illusion"(maybe not a correct word) out of the original show. i think one reason for the show's success is that there so much room for imagination, interpretation, romanisation. That's why i find myself so intrigue by the movie.

as for those "extended" or "next-life" version... they are mostly write up by fans from some of the other forum(the one i see are mostly chinese one from baidu.com) some are quite interesting read, while others..... Embarassed Confused Mad (...i am lost for words...) Even the good ones, i really dont want them ending as King & the Clown 2....... maybe i am just selfish. To me the original is a unique and complete film by itself, a sequel will surely kill the "magic" for me.
The Management
Site Admin

560 chohwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow - I added a third option based on your comments. If you'd like to change the wording let me know (or you might be able to do it since the option's now set up).
Alucard
Clown

1646 chohwa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hohoho...didn't realised there was a new poll online...anyway I have voted. Absolutely "NO" to any of the sequences to what Fans have written. As Shadow has put it, it will definitely killed it for the movie.

But it will be interesting to see another story, by the same group of cast and crew, that explores further the meaning of the original story (about life, choices and self-realisation/definition)...although preferrably not an extension of their "next-life"... if it does come to that it will have to be a very very good script.
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there were some way of getting the cast together in another production, and maybe recreate the momentum they had in the movie.

But it's all too possible that that was a once-in-a-lifetime thing and can't be recreated (especially when you're trying to do it on purpose).
月陰之?-影(shadow)
Clown

170 chohwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. the chemistry between all the cast really help in the story telling. if there ever is another fanastic script, i must say, i too look forward to seeing the cast and director working together again.
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started watching members of the cast in different productions.

I watched My Girl last weekend. Even though it's a light-hearted comedy, nothing too taxing, I enjoyed it and I thought that Lee Jun-ki did well in a major role.

Alone In Love (with Karm Woo-sung) should be out in about a week - I may try to get a copy of that as well. (If you saw how many DVDs are waiting for me in my apartment, you'd understand why I said 'may'...)
月陰之?-影(shadow)
Clown

170 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also watch a couples of the cast in other film. but compare to my girl, i like junki "fly daddy" slightly better .i also like my girl, but fly daddy just seem more enjoyable personally.... ( Wink p.s. i really dont know much abt acting or other stuff,mostly i just base my liking/disliking a show on gut feeling). i also saw the other actor who play 7? or 8? in another show "wusa", which i also think he was very convincing.
Alucard
Clown

1646 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To shadow & lwakasa,

Agreed with shadow. I too like Fly Daddy better than My Girl...storyline and storytelling-wise...may be My Girl is just not my kind of show. As for LJK's acting, it's still not as good as what I would have expected...may be I'm a bit harsh on the boy...hehehe Laughing Laughing Laughing

I also saw "7" in "wusa"....story-wise it was a bit crappy but the performance of most of the actors were quite okay. Can't say the same with the female lead...

I have also recently bought Karm's Spider Forest and R-point...Yet to watch R-point but Spider Forest was...how should I put it..very blunt on its sexual and violent content.

Also watched Director Lee's Radio Star...it was quite interesting and enjoyable.
lady wakasa
Clown

1563 chohwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what I'm afraid of. Karm Woo-sung (heck, pretty much everyone else in the production) is at least 10 years old than Lee Jun-ki. I think he just turned 25. He's still just starting out.

He's not perfect, but he seems to have a chance of becoming a respectable actor, as long as he doesn't get sidetracked by all the adulation. If he were in the States, this would be the time for him to work with a notable director, or possibly on the stage.

From the description on YesAsia, Spider Forest looks like it could be pretty interesting. From the description on DVDFromKorea, so does Radio Star.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> ShareSpace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: