King and the Clown fansite King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums
The unofficial fansite in support of the South Korean film "King and the Clown"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Lucky Dice   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm Springs International Film Festival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majou
Palace Guard

650 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Palm Springs International Film Festival Reply with quote

Pre-film Festival

Just want to share with you my experience at the Palm Springs Internation
Film Festival this weekend.

After I heard that there will be a screening of King and the Clown at a location near me, I got very excited. Because I have only seen the movie on my TV from a disc and never on the big screen.

So, immediately I volunteered my loyal friend, Showboi, to host a weekend getaway party at his vacation house in Palm Springs. This way, I can invite myself and our other friends to come to the film festival to support the movie. And, so I was joined by my fun-loving friends, showboi, luckydunny, and jialing to go support the movie and promote our fansite.

Prior to the event, I've checked with the Palm Springs Film Festival Event office, and learned that they do not want any type of cosplay activities, and there are Palm Springs City Ordinance prohibiting us to pass out any types of flyers on the sidewalk, and the Film Festival is prohibiting passing out of flyers inside the theater. Therefore, I have to plan alternative method to promote our website to the movie audience.

Last Friday night, we embarked on our three-hour drive to Palm Springs.
Then, thank to the windstorm, all the closed roads and the horrible weekend traffic, I have enough time to sell my alternative idea to my friends. I basically worn them out with my reasonings so they acquiesced to wear T-shirts with our URL's to the film festival and then walk around the town.

So, to activate this last-minute plan, we pulled over to get T-shirts and printing supplies and etc....we stayed up until 4:00 AM to do the T-shirts so we can wear it to the movie showing at 10:00 AM. It is the first time for all of us, and we've actually ruined few Calvin Klein T-shirts then even ran out of sticker paper for T-shirt prints....so....in fact, we ended up just glue the picutre and the link to the back of one T-shirt...

Last edited by majou on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
majou
Palace Guard

650 chohwa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: At the Palm Springs International Film Festival Reply with quote

At the Film Festival:

It was cold on Saturday morning, so we all wore our sweaters and then the website logo T-shirts on top. We all walked around the theare as much as possible to make sure everyone sees us. I even helped to do some ushering and helped the Film Festival's program lead to find the CJE people.

Before the film, there was a brief introduction of the movie by the Film Festival's program lead and the CJE's marketing VP. Then they announced that there will be a Q&A session after the movie.

So, I rushed to the Film Festival Program lead, and asked unabashedly for her to promote our fan website at the Q&A session.

Then, I returned to my seat, and watched the movie again for the very first time on the bitg screen. I found myself falling in love with the movie and Gong-gil all over again.

Even my non-fan friends were commenting on how they were actually moved by the movie when they see these mesmerizing and colorful images on the big silver screen and listen to the echo of the heart wrenching dialogues from the surround sound system in the theater.

At the end of the movie, after a round of applauds, the Q&A session began. The Film Festival program lead actually introduced our site to the participating audience. Then, surprised me by asking me to make a short speech to the audience to promote our website.

Then, CJ Entertainment's Market VP, Ms. Yun begin to hold the floor for the Q&A sessions. People asked several interesting questions during the Q&A sessions.

For example, one viewer questioned if the King in the movie is referencing the current leader in North Korea, and Ms. Yun said definitely NO. The directors and the writers were asked the same question, and they've stated that they made the movie with no thoughts of North Korean politics.

Then, the discussion of Gay underlying issues came up, and Ms. Yun explained that based on the film box office record in Korea, Korean public seems to be quite accepting of all aspects of the movie.

Some one from the audience mentioned a recent news that one of the actors in the film has come out. Ms. Yun said she is surprised because she has not heard of the news. But, she went ahead and let people know that the main lead, the actor that played the Gong-gil part (Lee Jun Ki) has openly proclaimed his heterosexual preference. In fact, he is a heart throb for many of the young girls in Korea and has a huge fan following in the rest of the Asia.

Another question was about the "Yi" play's time period. Ms. Yun answered that it is a modern play. So, I supplemented her answer by saying it is an award winning play written in the 21st century. Then, I invited the audience to come to our website for more information on the background of the movie.

There were several other very deep thoughts being shared by the audience and more interesting discussions. Then, a question was asked about the production time frame and release date. Ms. Yun answered the questions partly, then she invited me to share more details with the audience. So, I did. Then, again, I invited the members of the audience to come to our website to view more information and see the translation of the actor's audio commentary in English.

At the closing, Ms. Yun thanked the audience for viewing the movie. Then, Ms. Yun thanked our website for our passion and our participation.

BTW, the person standing in the middle of the picture is Ms. Yun, CJE's marketing VP.

------------
Alucard
Clown

1646 chohwa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: At the Palm Springs International Film Festival Reply with quote

Exclamation Good job for promoting the movie, Majou!

majou wrote:

Some one from the audience mentioned a recent news that one of the actors in the film has come out. Ms. Yun said she is surprised because she has not heard of the news.

Hahaha!!! So, who do they presume has come out of the closet?
The only one I know who has "made" a public declaration of love is Jang-saeng (Karm)!!!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

----------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    King and the Clown Unofficial Fansite Forums Forum Index -> KatC Activities All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: